Sunday, April 29, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

I just keep on swimming through these streams of life.  Things look up at times, other times not so up. 

I am on my second to my last class and will graduate on July 7, 2012!  I am more than excited and proud of myself for completing this chapter in my life.  I have worked very hard studying, writing papers, and attending class every Tuesday night (well almost every Tuesday) for the last 2 years.  I take offense to people that think the University of Phoenix is giving out degrees to anyone who signs up.  I take offense to those who think that submitting your paper to a writing review is taking the easy way out.  I wonder, where is your degree?  If it is so easy, have you done it?  If you need the extra look-over of your paper and it is available, take it.  Get the most points you can!  No matter what kind of college, online or in-person, from SMU to University of Phoenix, if you are working towards a degree and can honestly say that you are giving it your all- you deserve to it.  A degree is earned, not given! 

For those that say that if you don't have the funds to go to college, don't.  I say that if you don't have the money to buy that car, vacation, jewelry, etc...don't!  College is a different story!  It is an investment  in my future!  It doesn't make me a "better person" per say, but it does afford me better jobs and more success.  For the most part, it is something I wanted, sought, and obtained for myself.  What is better than that?  Even your dream car can't earn you more or land a fruitful career path!

I will walk across that stage smiling my biggest smile and knowing that I have absolutely earned my Bachelor's degree on my own!  And yes, I am considering a Master's degree!  That, too, is an investment in my future.  I take care of me, you take care of you!

Muah!  XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 xoxo frogs. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase